Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2010

Now I'm Really Depressed

The FDA has approved the use of the anti-depressant drug Cymbalta for the treatment of lower back pain...

Side-effects of the drug are:
Nausea, dry mouth, insomnia, drowsiness, constipation, fatigue, and dizziness. Other serious side effects include liver damage, allergic reactions such as hives, rashes and/or swelling of the face, pneumonia, depressed mood, suicide, suicidal thoughts and behavior.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?  According to the FDA you are not to worry about the side affects because:
1) SERIOUS side affects only occur about 1% of the time... according to the FDA, and
2) All other pain medications used to treat lower back pain also have the potential for serious side affects.

Wow... now I feel better about it...

I don't know about you, but I get tired of how freely medications (chemicals, manufactured by man and not naturally present within the natural chemical composition of humans) are approved, touted as safe, and then pushed off on the population at large. Years later, these very same chemicals are found to be "not safe" and withdrawn. By then, the damage to all who have taken them is done...

I know that it sounds like I am anti-medication, but in reality I am not.  I am, on the other hand, tired of the demeaning and bashing of healthy alternatives, such as Chiropractic.  Did you know that Chiropractic is beneficial in the treatment of lower back pain?  Did you know that the risks involved with chiropractic care are so low that my malpractice annual insurance premium is equal to or less than what I pay for auto insurance?

I guarantee that chiropractic care will not cause any of the following:

Nausea, dry mouth, insomnia, drowsiness, constipation, fatigue, and dizziness. Other serious side effects include liver damage, allergic reactions such as hives, rashes and/or swelling of the face, pneumonia, depressed mood, suicide, suicidal thoughts and behavior.

Keith Biggs, DC
www.eastmesachiropractor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment